Trash Pick-Up/ PoliciesAt the start of the 2022 year, IMLCA switched trash providers from J.P. Mascaro to Waste Management. There are several changes to our community with this change in service. Please find below the changes taking place:
- Waste Management will be collecting the community’s trash on Monday and Tuesday of each week starting at 5:30 a.m.
- Twin Lake Road will be the dividing line in the community. If you are located to the West of Twin Lake Road towards the 534 gate your trash will be collected on Monday of each week. If you are located on to the East of Twin Lake Road towards the 115 gate your trash will be collected on Tuesday of each week. Please note, if you live on Twin Lake Road your trash will be collected on Tuesday of each week.
- Waste Management will not be requiring the members to separate their trash and recyclables. It is up to the homeowner to bring their recyclables to the local recycling center. Tunkhannock Township requires recycling in their municipality. Please find the attached link to a nearby recycling center.
- Bulk Pickup will no longer be curbside moving forward. IMLCA and Waste Management will be partnering on a once per month bulk program. More information on this program will follow.
- Please note a bulk item is considered anything that can not fit into a 32-gallon trash toter.
- Light construction materials are permitted in one 32-gallon trash toter
- Construction materials must be free from any protruding objects such as nails, screws, staples, etc.
- Trash, garbage and or other waste must be kept in sealed bags which are to be placed in sealed containers with lids. No loose bags are permitted. All trash containers/receptacles must be properly secured and maintained in good repair. There is a 5 can limit for garbage collection. Any trash, garbage or recycling material that is not collected must be removed from curbside within 48 hours and placed out for the next scheduled collection day. .
Trash Restrictions and other information:
Below are the garbage pickup calendars by section, garbage pick-up map and transfer station information. We have also included links to each townships transfer station website.
IMLCA has signed a contract with Waste Management and below are the loading restrictions:
The following items may not be placed inside a trash can:
- CAR OR TRUCK BATTERIES
- TIRES OR WHEELS
- LIQUID WASTES INCLUDING:
- WASTE OIL
- REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, AIR CONDITIONERS OR DEHUMIDIFIERS
- CAR PARTS FROM UNDER HOOD OF CAR
- TANKS (WELDING OR COOKING)
- DEAD ANIMALS OR ANIMAL PARTS
- OIL-BASED PAINT (DRIED LATEX PAINT IS ACCEPTABLE DRY WITH SAND OR KITTY LITTER)
- TELEVISIONS OR COMPUTERS
- FLUORESCENT LIGHTS
- TREE STUMPS OVER 8” IN DIAMETER
- DIRT, UNLESS PRE-APPROVED
Transfer station links:
Chestnuthill Township Transfer Station
Tunkhannock Township Transfer Station
Penn Forest Township Transfer Station